It is the oldest church in Lloret de Mar, located at 2.5 km away from the modern city center. It served as a parish church since it was built in 1079 to 1522. Back in the days it was known as the church of “Old Virgin”. In the 17th century it was renamed in Mare de Déu de Les Alegries, the name which remained to this day. Unfortunately, just the bell tower erected in the Romanesque style, and frescoes managed to be preserved from the original construction.
Only the surroundings of Mare de Déu de Les Alegries are open to visitors.
On September 8, a feast is held in the church.